Caregiver Dupes Disabled American of PhP915K


This American did not know lending means giving in the Philippines?

Yet another American duped. The only part that confuses me is how it took him that long to realize he was being cheated. 


Caregiver Dupes Disabled American of PhP915K


Staff Report Published: December 23, 2015




MANILA: A disabled American has accused his Filipina caregiver of allegedly duping him of PhP915,000 and filed estafa charges against her, media reports said.

Since being hired, Leah Caparida, 33, borrowed money from him for 21 times. He said he gave her cash in 20 out of the 21 instances she asked for a loan, Marvin Hensel, 57, was quoted as saying by Inquirer.

In an affidavit submitted to the Manila Police District general assignment section, Hensel reportedly said he was filing 20 counts of estafa against her.

He was quoted as saying that Caparida started borrowing money in May 2015.

She often claimed that she needed the cash for hospitalization, the report said.

Since then, almost every week, Hensel would lend Caparida money, sometimes in dollars, sometimes in peso.

On Monday afternoon, Caparida attempted to borrow PhP27,000 to pay her bills in a Bulacan hospital.

“I refused (to give her the money) after I confirmed with the hospital…that there is no such patient in her name ,” Hensel was quoted as saying by Inquirer.









2 comments:

Greg Chichakly said...


Something similar happened to me here as well.

On April 1, 2011 the young Filipina I was seeing at the time came to me asking for P1,000 to pay the hospital bill for her sister. When I called the hospital to be sure that was enough to cover her bill, they told me that there was no one with that name admitted to their hospital. The young Filipna then gave me a few other names that her sister may have used and none of them were admitted to the hospital either. She did not even know the room number for her sister. The hospital she gave me was a children's sanitarium hospital and her sister was 26 years old. I gave her the money anyway knowing I was being scammed.

On April 8, 2011 the same young Filipina came to me asking for P4,000 so her brother could go back home to their families place in Mindinao. Again it was a scam, her brother never went back home. But I gave her the money anyway.

On April 9, 2011 again the same young Filipina came to me demanding this time P10,000 for her, her sister, and brother could move to a new rooming house that day. She made a big scene, yelling, and threatening me... it was my son's birthday so I just gave her the money to get rid of her and to stop her spoiling my son's birthday.

That's P15,000 she had scammed from me in 1 weeks time. There were many other times she did it afterwards as well.

On April 10, 2011 the same young Filipina came to me with her sister, her sister's girlfriend, and a off-duty police officer trying to intimidate me and threaten me to give them P1,000,000. I did not give it to them and much more drama followed.

These people have no shame, honesty, or integrity. They will lie, cheat, steal, scam, threaten you to get money from you.

BEWARE !!!!!!

Greg Chichakly said...


Also, on April 10, 2011 when the same young Filipina came to me with her sister, her sister's girlfriend (the sister's lesbian lover), and a off-duty police officer trying to intimidate me and threaten me to give them P1,000,000 they had also enlisted the help of an attorney who was a former Major of the Police (PNP) and was the former Commanding Officer (CO) of the off-duty police officer. They were all in it together and had planned the way the were going to do it.